Have you always been curious about this exiting dance we call Salsa? Don’t hesitate to read on because VIAGE has gathered some good tips for you! And the good part is: you don’t have to go all the way to Cuba to learn how to dance the Salsa. We’re glad to show you the steps on our dance floor the 28th of April! Are you ready to take the lead and become the salsa expert of Brussels?
Salsa dancing in Brussels
When you type in ‘Salsa Brussels’ on Google you immediately get a lot of dance schools and nightlife possibilities, proving the popularity of this vivid dance in Brussels and around. At VIAGE you can enjoy the pleasure of this exotic dance in a very uncommon setting! This is a great opportunity to learn how to salsa and discover the mysterious ways of the casino. Thanks to our tips you will be ready to take your first 8 steps in the world of Salsa!
Dancing like a pro
So what do you need to know before coming to our Salsa Night? Not that much actually because we will guide you all the way! For starters, we’ll give you a quick introduction.
Salsa danced its first steps in Latin America but where and when even the dance experts can’t make up their mind about. What we do know however, is that Salsa is a vivid dance with several easy basic moves combined with more complicated arm movements, counting till 8. Usually, it is danced in a couple with the man taking the lead and deciding the rhythm while the woman follows his movements and puts in her own dance figures. Today however, it doesn’t matter that much anymore who is leading and who is following.
8 tips for better Salsa dancing
So you’ve never danced the Salsa before but you’re curious, right? We guarantee that you’re not the only one! At VIAGE you will be able to take your first Salsa dance steps thanks to our initiations guided by professional Salsa dancers! We’ll put in some extra tips and now nothing can go wrong!
- Make sure you wear something you feel yourself comfortable dancing in. You really don’t have to wear high heels or fancy costumes. A hint for the ladies: limit your jewelry to a minimum because it could get in the way while dancing.
- Start off with a positive mindset! Salsa is all about fun and it doesn’t matter if you’re a good dancer or not. Smile at your dance partner and he/she will not notice you making any small mistakes.
- Dare to ask! Both men and women like to be asked to dance. Don’t be shy to pop the question and make sure to tell your dance partner your level of dancing. Don’t be afraid to be honest.
- Be sure who will be leading and who will be following. You don’t want that awkward moment in the middle of the dance floor with both dancers trying to lead…
- Start out on the more gentle and easy songs so you can take your time to get in the mood!
- Take little steps, literally! Just take it small and slowly.
- Don’t forget to breath! It sounds a bit silly but a lot of starting dancers forget to breathe during the dance which makes it… quite difficult in the end.
- Don’t think too much about your dance moves and even less about those of your partner. Why? Because Salsa is supposed to be a liberating dance about fun and quality time. So you’re only allowed to enjoy yourself, no complaining or too much thinking!
So, don’t forget to put these into action next week Saturday the 28th of April during our Salsa Night! We will make sure the cocktails are served cold so you can focus on dancing!