Next Friday you will have to make sure not to cross any black cats, walk underneath a ladder or spill some salt. You probably know the superstition that is Friday the 13 but how do you get through this day? Read our tips and tricks and because this is how you survive Friday the 13th!
Where does this superstition come from?
We presume that everyone know s Friday the 13th as the most unlucky day(s) of the year but why is this? Some say the unlucky number 13 comes from a Norwegian saga where 12 ancient gods were dining in Walhala. Loki, the god of chaos and lies, joined the party uninvited and killed one of the other gods at the party. From that day on, a group of 13 was considered very unlucky. Another group of 13 ‘tried their luck’ and dined with 13 people but Jesus (and Judas) might regret it afterwards… Friday on the other hand was the day where witches used to gather their (black) cats and join in the woods where they would scheme their evil plans, to much dismay of the village people.
Friday the 13th at VIAGE
Does this mean you should be afraid? No of course not, we would even say on the contrary and call it a very LUCKY day! Only think about all those parties in Brussels that will use Friday the 13th as a theme! Or just consider all fun extras you can win because? At VIAGE we look forward to Friday the 13th so we can surprise our players with a free drink every time the little roulette ball falls on number 13 during a game. We’ve also arranged our bartender to spoil you with a delicious ‘Friday the 13th’ cocktail who will make you forget this superstition of bad luck!
This is how you survive
Still convinced Friday the 13th to be unlucky? We offer you these 5 great tips to get through the day and make it until Saturday the 14th in one piece!
- Just consider it’s Friday, a lucky day already because it’s almost weekend! A positive mindset is already half of the work.
- Don’t stay at home because according to research 40% of all accidents happen in your own house. This is the perfect moment to take the day off and visit us in the casino for a nice game, a drink or something to eat!
- Try avoiding ladders in the center or Brussels. We know it might be difficult because of the constructions that are going on but try going around them and not underneath.
- Feeling brave enough to make your way to work? Check when arriving where you can knock on wood. Perhaps your desk is an option?
- Avoid getting overworked and make sure to relax from time to time! Most accidents happen when you’re tired and unfocused. Make sure you visit VIAGE for an after work drink and recover from your hard day at work!
Do you have other tips to survive this day? Let us know because in July there’s another one coming!