Article 1: Obligations
All visitors to Grand Casino Brussels are obliged to comply with the instructions of the house rules. The complete text of the house rules is displayed at the entrance of the casino. The cloakroom rules are displayed at the cloakroom. The dress code is displayed at reception. All documents can be consulted on the website of the casino.
Article 2: Safety and Security
- For your safety and ours the building is under continuous video and audio surveillance.
- Visitors are obliged to follow the instructions given by authorized staff members of the casino, in the interests of the safety, calm and order of the casino, and in the interests of the orderly, honest and fair playing of the games.
- Visitors are obliged to respect all non-smoking rules indicated.
Article 3: Entrance and Membership requirements
- All visitors must be aged 21 or older.
- Visitors must be in possession of a valid identity document (with photo), such as a passport, ID card or driving license, made out in the name of the holder and not transferable. The casino is required by law to register each person with his/her valid personal identity document; in case of violation of this law we are obliged to notify the authorities.
- On presentation of a valid identity document a membership card is prepared for the visitor to enter the casino.
- The membership card only grants the right of access to the gaming areas of the casino during opening hours and is valid exclusively on the playing day or in the period stated on the visitors’ card and/or in the visitor registration system.
- Each time the visitor enters the gaming areas, the membership card must be presented to the authorized staff members. During their stay in the gaming areas, visitors are further obliged, on first request by the authorized staff member, to show their membership card again and to identify themselves if required.
- Membership cards are strictly personal and under no circumstances transferable; if not used correctly the membership card shall be withdrawn.
- It is a condition of entry that the card holder agrees to abide by the house rules.
- The membership card of Grand Casino Brussels is exclusively valid at Grand Casino Brussels. Grand Casino Brussels refuses to accept any liability in the event of damage suffered due to the abuse or loss of the card. Grand Casino Brussels management may withdraw the membership card without giving any justification.
Article 4: Dress Code
- Guests must observe the smart casual dress code upon entering the Casino.
- Clothing and footwear should be neat, clean, smart and inoffensive. Guests are requested not to wear shorts above the knee, tracksuits or sleeveless or cropped T-shirts.
- A decision whether appearance is suitable shall be made on a case-by-case basis, at the discretion of management.
- Any item which fully or partially conceals facial features is not permitted – this includes masks, hoods, brimmed hats or caps, sunglasses and face veils.
- Coats and heavy or bulky jackets are strictly prohibited in the gaming areas and may be kept in the cloakroom near reception (at a small charge).
- Bags, backpacks, purses and cases are subject to search. Large bags are strictly prohibited in the gaming areas and may be kept in the cloakroom near reception (at a small charge). We do not accept bags larger than a typical airline cabin bag ( maximum 55 cm x 45 cm x 25 cm, or 125 linear cm).
- The casino does not accept responsibility for the loss or damage of any items kept in the cloakroom.
- No firearms or other weapons are allowed to be carried into any area of the building.
Article 5: Game Security
- Visitors to the gaming area are not allowed to:
- Make use of mechanical, electrical or electronic devices, such as smartphones, mobile phones, tablets, laptops, media players or headphones (hereafter known as “devices”) in the immediate vicinity of the live gaming tables or electronic gaming machines, including when occupying a seat or standing by the gaming tables or machines.
- make notes at gaming tables where card games are played, in connection with the game in question, with the exception of the game (Mini/Midi) Punto Banco, provided that such notes concern “punto”, “banco” or “egalité”
- offer or provide commercial professional mediation in participation in casino games, or to offer money or items with monetary value to the other visitors
- Management reserves the right to limit or restrict the use of ALL devices within the casino area including but not limited to: Video recording devices, cameras, camera phones, mobile phones, intelligent glasses, tablets, computers, smartphones etc.
Article 6: Special gaming areas
- Access may be allowed to the separate section of the gaming area where casino games are offered with higher stakes than in the other gaming areas, for as long as the visitor participates in the game, or when authorized by casino staff.
- The casino can arrange separate areas in a gaming room that are indicated for special events, group visits and for visitors who – on invitation of the casino staff – are offered the opportunity to become familiar with casino games and slot machines.
Article 7: Seating
Seats at the gaming tables and slot machines are reserved for visitors participating in the game. The casino may require a visitor to give up a seat if that visitor is not in fact substantially participating in the game.
Article 8: Denial of entry
Grand Casino Brussels may deny access to the gaming areas, or all other areas under Grand Casino Brussels’ responsibility, to any person who:
- is unable to produce a valid identity card;
- in the opinion of Grand Casino Brussels, conveys the impression that they might disturb the order and peace or might prevent a fair and honest game;
- has requested a ban from entering the premises;
- has violated the House Rules or the Gaming Rules, or conveys the impression that they would disregard those rules;
- has already been banned from entering the premises on account of violation of the terms of the House Rules and that ban has not yet expired;
- is in a category of clients excluded by the Belgian Gaming Commission;
- shows lack of respect and/or is rude and/or aggressive against other clients and/or any staff members;
- fraudulently uses another guest’s card or privileges, or uses or takes something that does not belong to them;
- indicates an over-consumption of alcohol or the use of controlled/illegal substances;
- has a history of loitering
*This list is not exhaustive
Article 9: Exclusion
- Visitors are obliged to observe the provisions of the house rules.
- Refusal to abide by the provisions of the house rules may lead to the visitor being escorted off the premises.
- Access to the casino may be denied for a specific period.
- After consultation a restricted access may be imposed.
- Any excluded person who wishes to gain entrance is obliged to write a formal request to the management of Grand Casino Brussels.
Article 10: Excluded Persons Information System (EPIS)
Grand Casino Brussels admits no responsibility in the case of EPIS (Excluded Persons Information System) of the Belgian Gaming Commission being off line and excluded patrons gaining illicit entry. Should a person take advantage of the EPIS being offline and gain entry, they will be asked to vacate the premises immediately, and the Belgian Gaming Commission shall be informed.
Article 11: Disclaimer
The management of Grand Casino Brussels reserves the right to make changes to the house rules at any time and without prior notice.